For Our Planet
Helping Our Oceans Heal One Bikini At A Time
- 73% of all apparel contains synthetic fibers (plastic) that take 200-300 years to breakdown, including conventional swimwear.
- Instead of creating more synthetic fabrics (plastic), and further filling our overflowing landfills, we recycle rescued ghost fishing nets, plastic water bottles and textile remnants. Hence our name :)
- By recycling already existing synthetics, we not only avoid creating more plastic that takes hundreds of years to break down, but are also able to clean up our oceans, and save natural resources required for production of virgin swimwear.
- The recovered nets and bottles go through a complex regeneration process and are turned into high-quality, soft and UV-protective fabrics, out of which our swimsuits are made.
- Since 2013, Healthy Seas - a non-profit that rescues fishings nets used in our fabrics, has rescued 773 tons of ghost nets that no longer trap sea animals or disintegrate into microplastics. It is estimated that 46% of the 79 thousand tons of ocean plastic in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is made up of fishing nets.
- For every 10,000 tons of regenerated nylon we are able to save 70,000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 57,000 square tons of CO2 emissions.
- Our fabric is UV protective, has a 4-way stretch, retains shape beyond one summer, and is hyper chlorine and sunscreen resistant. It's been proven to be of higher quality than its virgin counterparts (conventional swimwear).
- All dyes used in production of our fabric are toxin-free, skin and Earth friendly: soy or water based (not petroleum), which means they won't emit harmful gases as they breakdown.
Commitment to Kindness
- As a brand, we strongly believe in kindness, not only toward our planet, but everyone in our supply chains from A to Z.
- Our seamstresses are paid double the minimum wage, receive free health insurance for themselves and their families, and have free meals at work.
- We partner only with businesses that are aggressively committed to sustainability and humane practices.
Biodegradable Packaging + CO2-Neutral Shipping
- Most of our materials that we use in production are recycled, biodegradable or sustainably sourced.
- We offset carbon emissions for every package shipped by investing in various re-forestation projects
- Our packaging is made out of sustainably sourced starch (not plastic), and is biodegradable certified home-compostable. That means there is no need for a special facility for them to breakdown, and they will disappear in a plant pot in just a few short months.
- Our hang tags are 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- All dyes used in production of packaging are toxin-free and are environmentally friendly: water or soy based (not petroleum), and do not emit harmful gases when they breakdown.