Our Eco-Friendly Processes
- 73% of all apparel contains synthetic fibers that take about 200 years to decompose.
- Conventional swimwear is primarily made out of nylon - synthetic fiber that takes hundreds of years to break down.
- Instead of creating more virgin nylon, and further filling our landfills, we upcycle nylon from rescued ghost fishing nets, ocean-bound plastic and other textile remnants.
- The recovered nylon goes through a complex regeneration process and is returned to its original purity, out of which our high-quality, soft and sustainable swimsuits are made.
- By recycling already existing nylon, we not only avoid creating more nylon that takes hundreds of years to break down, but we are also able to clean up the oceans and save natural resources that are required in production of virgin nylon.
- Since 2013, Healthy Seas - a non-profit that rescues fishings nets used in our fabrics, have rescued 510 tons of ghost nets that no longer trap sea animals or disintegrate into microplastics. It is estimated that 46% of the 79 thousand tons of ocean plastic in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is made up of fishing nets.
- For every 10,000 tons of regenerated nylon we are able to save 70,000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 57,000 square tons of CO2 emissions.
- Our fabric is UV protective, has a 4-way stretch, retains shape beyond one summer and is hyper chlorine and sunscreen resistant.
- All dyes used in production of our fabric are toxin-free, non-petroleum based and are environmentally friendly.
Commitment to Kindness
- As a brand, we strongly believe in kindness not only toward our planet, but everyone in our supply chains from A to Z.
- Our bikinis are designed in LA by our Founder Layli Toth, and made in beautiful Bali. The seamstresses are paid double the minimum wage, receive free health insurance for themselves and their families, and have free meals at work.
- We partner only with businesses that are aggressively committed to sustainability and humane practices.
Biodegradable Packaging + CO2-netural Shipping
- Most materials used in production are recycled and sustainably sourced.
- We offset carbon emissions for every package shipped and use minimal biodegradable certified home-compostable packaging. This means you don't need a special facility for them to break down. You can put them in your plant pot and they will disappear in a few months. The bags are made out of sustainably sourced starch, not plastic.
- Our hang tags are made out of 100% post-consumer recycled paper and are recyclable.
- All dyes used in production of fabric and packaging are toxin-free and are environmentally friendly: water or soy based (not petroleum), and do not emit harmful gases when they break down.